What is the Care Home Research Network?
The Care Home Research Network has been set up by King’s College London to support research in care homes. Our aim is to provide training, guidance and support to enable care homes to take part in important new research.
What are the benefits?
Care homes involved in the Network benefit from:
- Access to high quality training for staff.
- Key courses include Good Clinical Practice training and research methods
- Opportunities to take part in cutting edge research into treatment and care
- Becoming a member of an active community with the chance to network and share experiences with other care homes and their staff
- Contribute to the development of procedures and resources to support the smooth running of research projects
- A chance to shape the Network and play a key role in the way it develops
- Improve job satisfaction amongst staff by engaging in positive, meaningful research activities with residents
- Play a role in improving the treatment and care for people living with dementia in care homes
- The opportunity to attend free annual conferences and forums on up to date research into dementia
The Network aims to provide a positive experience for care homes and their staff to encourage them to take an active part in our research.
We are still looking for more care homes in London and surrounding areas to become members of the Network. We also aim to get care homes from Essex involved to create a wider community for care homes to network and support each other in the care of dementia residents.
For more information about membership please contact us.